The Donkey Kick or Glute Kickback exercise is a great exercise for sculpting your Gluteal muscles aka the ‘bottom’.
- Start in a ‘box’ position on a mat (on all fours with knees below hips and wrists below shoulders). You can also rest on your elbows if you prefer (as I demonstrate in the video).
- Keeping your core engaged, hips and shoulders square to the floor, bend your right leg, and flex your right foot
- Slowly lift your right leg leg until your thigh is parallel with the floor.
- Lower back to the starting position.
- Repeat for 12 to 15 reps, then switch legs to complete set.
If you want to make the exercise a little harder you can place a dumbbell behind your knee and grip it tightly before lifting your leg up towards the ceiling.
Watch the video below to see the exercise being demonstrated.